Belle’s Valentines Day Bookmark
(A thoughtful gift to give)
Inspired by the movie Beauty & the Beast: A princess who likes to read as much as Belle does can always use a little help holding her place. With long pipe cleaner stems that tuck neatly between the pages, these bookmark roses will do the trick. But more than that, they’ll let the recipients know how much you hold them dear — each of the petals is a pretty paper heart.
What you’ll need
- Heart template
- Scrapbook paper (any colour)
- Glue dots
- Green pipe cleaners
How to make it
- Print out any heart template and cut out the pieces.
- For each rose, cut out four hearts from scrapbook paper.
- Turn one of the hearts upside down to resemble one of the center petals of a rose bud, and use a glue dot to stick the top of a pipe cleaner stem in place, as shown. Place a second heart on top of the first, matching up all the edges and pressing down firmly to adhere it to the glue dot. Use your fingertips to curl the tips of the hearts.
- Fold each of the remaining two hearts in half vertically. Fold back the rounded sides of the hearts, as shown, and then fold down the tips.
- Sandwich the sides of the center petals between the folded hearts, using glue dots to hold them in place.
- Now you have an easy to make idea for this Valentines Day